Return Shipments Policy
This Return Shipments Policy ("Policy") governs the return request raised by the Buyer in accordance with the terms of this Policy ("Return Request") and the mechanism for resolution of disputes raised by the Seller in relation to the Return Requests.
The Users understand that Morestore.in (hereinafter referred to as 'we') is an intermediary platform and shall only mediate the Return Request. It shall be sole responsibility of the Seller to resolve the issues/ concerns raised by the Buyer pertaining to the Return Request.
We shall not assume any liability for any failure on the part of the Seller to resolve the Return Request raised by the Buyer.
We may modify this Policy from time to time, and any such changes will be reflected on the Platform and be effective immediately upon the changes being reflected on the Platform. Users agree to be bound to any such changes or modifications and understand and accept the importance of regularly reviewing the Policy as updated on the Platform from time to time.
A. RETURN REQUEST
The Buyer may raise a Return Request on the Platform for any one of the following reasons:
- Product(s) is physically damaged or is defective, including damage to the outer box delivered;
- warranty issues or quality related issues with respect to the Product delivered;
- wrong Product or the Product is not matching the description or specifications mentioned on the listing page on the Platform;
- part of the Order/ Products is found to be missing due to reasons attributable to the Seller.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, the Buyer may raise a Return Request for the following reasons :
- part of the Order/ Products are found to be missing due to any reasons attributable to the logistics; or
- Product was damaged in-transit; or
- Any other logistics related issues.
At the time of making a Return Request on the Platform, Buyer will be required to provide appropriate supporting documentation/ proof including without limitation:
- images of the Product(s) indicating the issue in the Product/ shipment delivered. The images need to capture the following: (a) the shipping label with Order ID; (b) Order details; (c) packed shipment; (d) issue observed by the Buyer in the Product; (e) damages to the Product; and/or (f) the IMEI number (in case the Product is a mobile phone);
- unboxing/ normal video clip indicating the issues in the Product/ shipment delivered. The video clip needs to capture all sides of the package, order details, shipping label, quantity of the Product, damages in the Product, IMEI number (in case of mobile phones), any tampering with the outer box etc.;
- copy of bill/ tax invoice for the Product received.
If any further information or clarification is required from the Buyer, we will contact the Buyer.
Depending on the category of Product, the Buyer may raise a Return Request for any of the issues as set forth under paragraph A.2 above within the timelines prescribed below:
|Clothing||7 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|IT & Refurbished Phones||7 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Smartphones & Feature Phones||2 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Accessories and Consumer Electronics||7 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Electricals||7 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Home & Kitchen||7 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Footwear||14 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Toys & Baby care||7 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Stationery & Office Supplies||7 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Fresh Products||2 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Pharmaceutical||45 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
|Food-FMCG||7 days from the date of delivery of Shipment|
Upon receipt of a Return Request from the Buyer, the same will be displayed on the Platform. We will internally scrutinize the Return Request raised by the Buyer and notify the Seller. The Return Request raised by the Buyer will either be approved or rejected and the same will be communicated to the Buyer.
B. DECISION ON THE RETURN REQUESTS
Basis our internal scrutiny of the Return Request raised by the Buyer, any of the following may occur:
Approval of the Return Request: The Return Request shall be approved under the following scenarios:
- The Return Request has been approved by the Seller. In such case, the Reverse Shipment will be shipped to the Seller; or
- If we determine that the Return Request is a Logistics RVP, in such case, (i) we will pay the full value (as declared) of the Shipment to the Seller; and (ii) we shall have the right to proceed with the liquidation of such Reverse Shipment.
In case of approval of the Return Request, if the Buyer has already paid for the Order, the order amount for the Product(s) shall be refunded to the Buyer or third party as per instructions of the Buyer.
Rejection of the Return Request: The Return Request raised by Buyer shall be rejected, in case of any of the following reasons:
If the Buyer does not respond to the inquiry calls and/or communication via other modes made by us to procure missing documentation and information in relation to the Return Request; or
supportive documents are insufficient, or Buyer is unable to provide sufficient proof in support of the claim.
Exceptional cases: In exceptional cases such as fraud, deficiency in service, or any other circumstance which may affect the user experience on the Platform, we may on good faith basis and in our sole discretion decide to pay the transaction amount for the disputed Product in the absence of Seller's approval of such returns. The said payment of transaction amount shall be made to compensate for the inappropriate user experience. In such exceptional cases, payment will be initiated to the Buyer within forty-eight (48) banking hours from:
- the date of approval of the Return Request by us; or
- from the date Buyer confirms the dispatch of the Product from Buyer's premise/ shop/ designated pick-up location; whichever is later.
In all the above-mentioned cases wherein, the Return Requests are approved by the Seller, refund will be initiated to the Buyer. We disclaim all responsibility and liability with respect to any Return Request, except for Logistics RVP which are accepted by us and Seller(s) agree not to hold us liable for any such claims or disputes.
We may, in our sole discretion, check the contents of the returned Shipment that are picked up from the Buyer, however, we shall not assume any responsibility or liability with respect to such verification of the Shipment. If we choose to do such verification, our check will be limited to checking that the Products which are handed over to us match the description of the Products, quantity, colour, size, and/ or brand with the Product for which Return Request has been raised. Buyer's return request shall automatically stand cancelled in case the Products handed over to us do not pass the verification check. We will not entertain any further return request in case of any cancellation due to verification check.
C. DELIVERY OF REVERSE SHIPMENT TO THE SELLER*
Once the Return Request raised by the Buyer is accepted, our field executive ("FE") will pick up the Shipment from the Buyer ("Reverse Shipment") within such timelines, as maybe communicated or displayed on the Platform. At the time of such pick-up the FE shall conduct a QC check of the Shipment ("QC Check"), and the FE may take photos, videos, etc. of the Reverse Shipment.
The Reverse Shipment will be delivered to the Seller by us (at the location from where the Shipment was picked up for forward order delivery to the Buyer). We will endeavour to make the first attempt to deliver the Reverse Shipment to the Seller within:
- forty-five (45) days from the date of receipt of Reverse Shipment (non-food products) from the Buyer; and
- two to five (2-5) days from the date of receipt of Reverse Shipment (Food and FMCG category) from the Buyer.
For any delay in making the first attempt to deliver the Reverse Shipment beyond the said timeline due to reasons solely attributable to us, we shall communicate such delay to the Seller within reasonable time. In case of unavoidable circumstances or occurrence of a force majeure event or any event beyond our reasonable control, timelines shall stand extended. The Seller will be able to track the Reverse Shipment on the Platform. The Seller will be bound to accept the delivery of Reverse Shipment and sign the proof of delivery.
If we are unable to deliver the Reverse Shipment to the Seller due to Seller's or its representative's unavailability at the delivery location on the first attempt, our FE will make a maximum of two (2) more attempts to deliver the Reverse Shipment. We will endeavour to attempt delivery within the next forty-eight (48) hours from the last delivery attempt. Our returns team will contact the Seller to arrange for delivery of the Reverse Shipment. If despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to deliver the Reverse Shipment to the Seller in the third attempt, the Reverse Shipment will be transferred to our liquidation hub for liquidation.
We will return the Undelivered Shipment to the Seller on an 'as is' basis i.e., in the same condition as it is received by us from the Consignee. At the time of delivery of the Reverse Shipment to the Seller, our FE will open the Reverse Shipment at Seller's location and the Seller will be bound to accept such shipment in an open condition. The Seller agrees to allow our field executive to take photos, videos, etc. of the opened Reverse Shipment. The Seller further acknowledges and undertakes that such photos, videos, etc. and/or remarks by our FE with respect to the Reverse Shipment ("Evidence") shall be used by us at the time of settling disputes (if any) that may be raised by the Seller with respect to the Reverse Shipment. We may ask the Seller to provide or submit additional documents in support of the dispute raised as per the terms of this Policy.
At the time of delivery of the Reverse Shipment to the Seller or any of the Seller's representatives, our FE will require the Seller to acknowledge the delivery of the same by signing on the proof of delivery document ("POD"). Seller or its representative is required to sign on the POD and clearly call out the damage or tampering to the Reverse Shipment (if any).
At the time of receiving the Reverse Shipment, the Seller or any of the Seller's representatives shall observe the following:
- Shall not detain our FE for any reason whatsoever;
- any tampering, pilferage, or damage to the Reverse Shipment at the time of receiving the Reverse Shipment from us shall be written on the POD and the same shall be reported to us within 72 hours from the receipt of delivery of Reverse Shipment by choosing the 'Disputes' option on the Returns Page on the Platform. If the Seller does not write on the POD about any damage, tampering or pilferage to the Reserve Shipment, we reserve the right to reject any Dispute which the Seller may raise on the Platform against us with respect to the damage to the Reverse Shipment during reverse transit of the Shipment.
The Seller are bound to accept the delivery of Reverse Shipment. However, despite our reasonable efforts to deliver the Reverse Shipment, if the Seller refuse to take delivery of the Reverse Shipment, we reserve our right to move the Reverse Shipment to our liquidation hub and liquidate or dispose off such Reverse Shipment in any manner as we may deem fit in our sole discretion. We reserve a right to deduct and adjust the value of the Reverse Shipment (in case the amount for such Shipment has already been transferred to the Seller) against the sale proceeds that are collected by us on Seller's behalf from the Buyer or any other amounts that we are required to pay to the Seller in accordance with the Payment and Settlement Services. We shall not entertain any claims brought with respect to such unaccepted / refused Reverse Shipment and the Seller agrees that the Seller shall not be entitled to receive any money or amount that we may receive from liquidation of such Reverse Shipment.
If it is found that the Seller has misbehaved with our customer support team or forcefully detained or misbehaved with our FE, we reserve the right to not deliver the Reverse Shipment and deduct & adjust the value of the Reverse Shipment from the Seller sale proceeds. We further reserve the right to take appropriate action against the Seller as per applicable laws.
We may accept delivery of Reverse Shipment in certain exceptional cases, in case of products under the Food/ FMCG category, if we may deem fit in our sole discretion.
D. DISPUTES RAISED BY THE SELLER*
Upon receipt of Reverse Shipment from the Buyer, Seller can raise a dispute with respect to the Reverse Shipment within seventy-two (72) hours from receipt of the same, failing which it shall be deemed as accepted by the Seller without any damage or fault. The Seller may raise a dispute for any one of the following reasons using the Platform:
- Reverse Shipment/outer box is in a visibly damaged condition or tampered;
- Products received are wrong;
- Difference in the quantity;
- If the Reverse Shipment is not delivered to Seller but marked "delivered" on the Platform; and/or
- Mismatch/non-alignment with the approved refund amount.
The Seller will also have a right to raise a dispute in cases where we choose to settle the amount with Buyer for the returned product without sending the returned product to the Seller.
Upon receipt of the Seller(s) complaint or dispute on the Platform, our returns dispute team will get in touch with the Seller to resolve concerns or disputes in accordance with our Policy, as maybe communicated from time to time. The Seller agree to co-operate with us while we investigate the claim or dispute raised. The Seller will be required to provide us photographs and/or videos of Reverse Shipment (internal and outer box), and such other documents/ proof or information which we may require to investigate into the issue or concern raised.
We may require certain documents/ proof/ information in support of the claim at the time of raising a dispute or post submission of the dispute. Seller will be required to provide documents/ proof in support of the claim, which include without limitation, images of the returned product(s) indicating the issue in the shipment received. The images need to clearly capture the following:
- the Return ID;
- AWB number of the shipment;
- issue observed by Seller in the returned product;
- damages to the returned product;
- brand name/ manufacturer's name of the returned product; and/or
- the IMEI number (in case the product is a mobile phone).
Upon receipt of the seller(s) dispute and necessary documentation in support of the claim, we will investigate internally and endeavour to resolve the dispute within five (5) days of receipt of dispute.
Based on the documentation provided by the Seller, the dispute may be resolved either:
against the Seller, if it is concluded by us that:
- evidences collected by us and documentation, proof, and information provided by Seller in support of Seller's claim do not match, including during QC check;
- document/ proof provided by Seller in support of Seller's claim are insufficient; or
- Seller does not respond to the inquiry calls and/or communication through other modes sent by us to procure missing documentation, proof, and information in support of Seller's claim from the Seller; in such cases Seller's dispute will be settled against the Seller.
In such cases, within forty eight (48) hours of resolution of Seller's dispute, we shall deduct and adjust the value of the returned product (in case the amount for such Shipment has already been transferred to the Seller) from Seller's sale proceeds that are collected by us from the Buyer(s) or any other amounts that we are required to pay to the Seller; or
in Seller's favour, if it is concluded by us that document/ proof/ information submitted by Seller along with Seller's dispute are sufficient to justify Seller's claim and match with Evidences collected by us, then we will approve Seller's dispute. While remitting the monies to the Seller in relation to the claims approved herein, we reserve a right to charge a fee ("Claim Processing Fee") for remitting the amount of refund to the Seller. The Claim Processing Fee shall be deducted from the total amount of the refund to be remitted to the Seller. The amount of the Claim Processing Fee shall be communicated to you from time to time, either by displaying it on the Platform or through any other mechanism that we may deem fit.
The Seller further agrees that our decision with respect to the investigation shall be final and binding.
The raising of a Return Request and dispute resolution is a mechanism of User protection and is subjected to guidelines of fair use. If we in our opinion become suspicious or become aware of any misuse of this Policy or the Platform by any User, we may notify such User for a change in applicability of our Policy.
The User agrees to be bound to any changes or modifications made to this Policy as may be updated on the Platform, from time to time or any additional terms that may be communicated to the User, from time to time.
Section C and D of this Policy will not be applicable to Sellers availing Standard Warehousing Services (except service relating to special access to fulfil Orders from own source)from us.